N/APosted on - 03/31/2016
This morning I got this annoying error message using softlock license manager. Is there any way to resolve this error? I need detailed instructions to fix this problem as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks!
The security system (softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed.
Help Softlock License Manager Error
This issue is related to Autodesk AutoCAD. When you launch Autodesk AutoCAD, one of the following errors is displayed:
* “The security system (Softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed”
* “Unable to initialize ADLM”
The error is triggered when:
* The Licensing services are disabled
* Autodesk is corrupted
* The registry was adjusted to modify the license method
* Corrupted Trusted Storage files
* There are problems on permission on vital locations that manage the licensing mechanism
To fix this, check to make sure the services are not disabled. Click Start, Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, Administrative Tools, and then double-click Services. On the list of services, look for FlexLM Licensing Service and FlexLM Licensing Service 64. Right-click on one of the entry and select Properties. Set the “Startup type” to Automatic. Click Start to start the service and then click OK.
Repeat this on the other entry. After this, launch Autodesk AutoCAD and see what happens.