N/APosted on - 06/28/2016
I am having security issues with my Administrator account. I have decided to create local administrator group policy instead. But I do not know the exact process needed to set up local administrator accounts using group policy. Can someone please educate me about the steps to be followed in this case?
Help Needed To Set Up Local Administrator Group Policy; Please Assist.
You can follow these steps to create local administrator accounts with group policy.
• Go to Active Directory Users and Computers.
• Right-click the OU of choice.
• Select Create a GPO in this domain, and link it here.
• Group Policy Editor will be launched.
• Click Computer Configuration.
• Click Preferences.
• Click Control Panel Settings.
• Click Local Users and Groups.
• Right-click the blank space.
• Click New.
• Click Local User.
• Type in a username.
• Click the option Password never expires.
• Click the option Account never expires.
• Select OK.
• A box will appear, stating that the password is stored in SYSVOL. Click OK.
• Repeat these steps for the Administrator account.
• Click the option Account is disabled.
• Click OK.