N/APosted on - 05/27/2015
What are the technical similarities and differences between the two technologies, 3G and 4G? What, out of the differences, might advantage one technology over another?
What other factors (commercial, historical, political, etc) might one technology benefit from more than the other technology?
Are you with the say that LTE will dominate? Why?
Help me know about 3G, 4G and LTE
3G: 3G is a mobile communication standard that allows mobile phones, computers and other devices to connect with internet wirelessly.
4G: 4G is a mobile communication standard to replace 3G which helps the devices to access internet as much higher speed.
Advantages of 4G over 3G:
1. In 4G peak upload rate is 50 mbps but in 3G 5mbps.
2. Peak download rate in 4G is 1Gbps, in 3G is 100Mbps.
3. Switching technique used in 4G are packet switching and message switching. Packet switching only used in 3G.
4. Frequency band in 4G is 2-8 GHz; in 3G is 1.8-2.5 GHz.
5. Network architecture in 4g is Integration of wireless LAN and Wide area; in 3G wide area cell based architecture is used.
6. Services and applications provided by 4G are Wimax2 and LTE-advance. In 3G it is CDMA 2000, UMTS, EDGE etc.
LTE : LTE is 4G mobile communication standard. People who are using LTE network can see data speed that up to 10 times faster than the current 3G network. LTE is the path to achieve 4G speeds. LTE is the fastest connection available for wireless networks. That’s why LTE is dominating.