N/APosted on - 03/28/2013
Hi TechyV users, Today I came up with a problem. I have been using bitdefender for a long time about 2-3 years. Few days ago while browsing internet I went through a site where there was something written about the open port bitdefender 2013. I did not unerstand about open ports so what I did was asked the writer of the artocle about open ports. But till now I got no answer. So I came here to ask the experts of techyv. Please make me clear about the open ports of bitdefender. Thanks
Help me finding open port bitdefender 2013
Hi Marco P Hamm,
You are using a very Antivirus for your PC. Bitdefender 2013 is the latest in line & it's already acclaimed widely. As the bitdefender total solution includes service like Antispam, firewall etc, therefore your PC is very well guarded. It's a good option to have that silently protect your computer from any unwanted access. Due to this option sometime you failed to receive information from outside which you actually required. Then you need to know the port number & configure it manually in your bitdefender firewall option so that the port is open & you can receive the data required. You can follow the step by step process mentioned below to open it.
1. Open the BitDefender Dashboard by double-clicking the BitDefender icon.
2. Select the 'Options' button showing at the top and click 'Expert View'.
3. Open the 'Firewall' tab shown on the left.
4. Then select the 'Programs' tab at the top of the window.
5. Press the 'Add Rule' button to add a rule.
6. Select the 'Apply rule to all programs' radio button at the top.
7. Press the 'Allow' button under 'Permission' appear at the bottom of the window.
8. Click the 'Advanced' tab option.
9. Write the required port number that you need to open in the 'Port(s)' fields under 'Local Address' & 'Remote Address'.
10. Click 'OK' button.
Hope that clear your confusion.
Thanks & Regards,