N/APosted on - 01/04/2015
Why is Gatekeeper preventing my installation, claiming certificate has expired? Recently, when I tried to install on my OS X mavericks, the gatekeeper is preventing the installation. I have verified the key chain and the Developer ID Certification Authority is current and trusted. What is the likely cause of the issue? How do I fix it?
Help, Gatekeeper is preventing my installation
You can try disabling Gatekeeper so that you can complete your installation. To do this, follow these steps:
1. From the Apple Menu, go to System Preferences.
2. Under the Personal header, go to the Security & Privacy preferences panel.
3. Click on lock on the bottom left of the Security & Privacy panel, where it says "Click the lock to make changes". Then enter your user name and password. Then click on "Unlock".
4. Click the button next to "Anywhere" under "Allow applications downloaded from:"
5. When the prompt pops up, click on "Allow From Anywhere".
Now you should be free to install what you need to install.
If you want to set the settings back, follow steps 1 through 3, and then at step 4, re-choose "Mac App Store and indentified developers".