N/APosted on - 02/21/2013
I have an HP c302 laptop with 512 MB RAM, 80 GB HDD and I would like to upgrade my HDD to 500 GB using Acronis true image clone USB stick.
I need step by step procedure on how to clone image of my old HDD.
I'm on Windows XP 64 bit.
Help in Acronis true image clone USB stick
The following may solve your problem:
First, check your CMOS for USB booting compatibility. If NO USB BOOTING, then you could not continue. If YES, then follow the following steps.
HOW TO ACCESS CMOS
1. Restart your laptop, at post test, find press either F1, F2, F9 or DEL to enter CMOS SETUP, BIOS SETUP, or SETUP.
2. In CMOS SETUP, go to BOOT DEVICE or BOOT CONFIGURATION, then find if there is BOOT TO USB.
3. Change your FIRST BOOT to USB BOOTABLE DEVICE. So that every time your laptop boots, it will boot to your USB.
4. DON’T CONNECT YET YOUR USB HARD DISK.
ACRONIS CLONING STEP BY STEP
1. Connect your USB
2. Run Acronis True Image
3. Click TOOLS & UTILITIES
4.Click CLONE DISK (a CLONE WIZARD SETUP will appear)
5.First is CLONE MODE.
5.1. You can choose either AUTOMATIC or MANUAL mode. In AUTOMATIC CLONING, you can’t partition your USB hard disk while in MANUAL CLONING, you can partition your USB hard disk for future use. So, if you want to have a partition, just choose MANUAL.
6. Second is SOURCE DISK.
6.1. SOURCE DISK is the disk you wanted to clone. This is your 80 gb hard disk.
7.Third is the DESTINATION DISK.
7.1.DESTINATION DISK is the disk you wanted to place your cloned disk to. This is your 500 gb hard disk.
8.Fourth is MOVE METHOD.
8.1.Choose the MANUAL so that you could partition your 500 gb USB hard disk for future use.
9. Fifth is CHANGE DISK LAYOUT
9.1. Active disks will appear. So choose your 500 gb USB hard disk. Then click EDIT.
9.2. PARTITION SETTINGS will appear. Partition your USB hard disk in any size you wanted to.
9.3. Just click on PARTITION SIZE, then specify the amount you wanted to.
9.4. FILE SYSTEM – Choose NTFS.
9.5. PARTITION LETTER – Choose C:
9.6. On SELECT THE TYPE OF PARTITION – Choose PRIMARY
9.7. Then click ACCEPT.
9.8. A quick summary about Acronis will be displayed, review it and if OK, click PROCEED.
11. You have set your CMOS SETUP to your USB as the FIRST BOOT DEVICE so, once your laptop boots, it will boot to your USB hard disk.
12. Then you’re done.