N/APosted on - 06/16/2013
I no how to editing a single contact is as easy as opening the contacts folder, make necessary changes, and save and close, but I'm having trouble figuring out outlook bulk change fields.
Can anyone walk me through the steps?
Having trouble with outlook bulk change fields
Hi there Wayne J Olive,
Even though it looks complicated, changing multiple contacts in the Outlook is really simple thing to do.
Just don't forget that you can't change different fields, but the same one in all of the contacts.
Here is how to do it step by step:
1. Locate and open the folder that contains contacts you'd like to change.
2. Go to View menu – Arrange By – Current View and click table view sorting the contacts by the information you'd like to change.
3. Once your contacts are in table view, you have to customize the view so your contacts are organized by the field you're going to change. To do so, go to View menu – Arrange By – Current View – Customize Current View.
4. In the dialog box select group By.
5. Before grouping your contacts, click the Clear All button to clear any existing groups and after that's cleared select the field you'd like to change. Also, in the Expand/collapse menu select All collapsed.
Confirm the changes and return to the outlook screen.
6. In the view field find the item you'd like to change and click plus next to it to expand the group.
7. Double click on any of the contacts in the group, make the changes you'd like to do for all of the contacts in the group, save and close the contact. The changed contact will be moved to a brand new group.
8. All that's left to do is to click the old group header and drag it to the new group. Outlook will automatically change the information you've entered on every contact in the group.