N/APosted on - 09/24/2011
I am facing an issue of GPS navigation in Samsung Galaxy S i 9000.
I have tried almost every software fix but still unable to get correct results.
I have heard of using aluminum foil around GPS antenna improves the performance of gps .
Any help regarding how to use the aluminum foil to resolve this issue would be highly appreciated…
Thanks in advance
GPS Antenna Fix For Samsung Galaxy s i9000
This error is caused by poor GPS reception.
This problem is common in ares having large buildings.
There are several solution for your problem.
There is some problem in your GPS antenna. Samsung has accepted that in early mobile there was a problem in GPS antenna which was removed later.
Download GPS Booster. It is a free application in Android Market. Install it and start using GPS.
I have searched over the net and some people said that the following solution worked for them. Try it.
1. Dial this code from i9000
For ECLAIR: * # * # 1 4 7 2 3 6 5 # * # *
For FROYO: * # * # 3 2 1 4 7 8 9 6 5 0 # * # *
2. Following screen will appear
3. Click application settings . now click on operation mode and change it to standalone.
4. Click on start mode and change it to Hot Start.
5. Click on GPS plus and turn it On
6. Also turn on skuhook.
7. Go back to first screen and click SUPL/CP
8. Click on server FQDN and turn auto configuration On.
9. Now just restart your phone and enjoy using GPS