N/APosted on - 11/25/2011
I tried using Entourage 2008 to send emails from my Mac but then I got this error message.
Error: Authentication failed because Entourage doesn't support any of the available authentication methods.
Explanation: Could not retrieve mail.
Account name: "John Smith"
It was my first time to use Entourage since I usually used Yahoo web mail. Can some help me setup Entourage?
I am a newbie here.
Thanks in advance.
Got an error while using Entourage in Mac for the first time
To solve this problem you need to follow few steps so that you can run Entourage properly.
1. First open Entourage for reconfigure it.
2. Go to its tools menu and then accounts.
3. Here you will see all accounts. Select your mail account.
4. Then click on edit menu for configure.
5. Click on advance setting option and then in sending mail box select "SMTP server".
6. Then reconfigure "SMTP server" from here and click ok.
7. Then save this new configuration and finish this process.
In this way you can easily solve this error. You can also find some help on Entourage user manual.