N/APosted on - 04/14/2012
I just bought a Garmin Oregon 450 a few months ago. It worked fine at first, then after several months, the display either go farther to the right or farther to the left. I have to recalibrate the screen almost as frequently as I am using it.
It also kept jerking to the right and I could not push any icons. Is this the cause of the new Garmin update I did?
What can I do to fix this problem?
Garmin Oregon 450 Screen Problems
Try performing a master reset of your device.
But, before you do a master reset to your Oregon, I recommend that you create a backup of your data files i.e. routes, waypoints, tracks, and geocaches.
To create a backup of your data:
1. Install the BaseCamp program which you can download from BaseCamp™ | Garmin | United States
2. Connect your GPS to the computer using the provided USB cable
3. Power on your device
4. Open up BaseCamp
5. Wait for your device to appear on the left side of the program
6. Right-click on “All Data” folder below the device
7. Select “Copy”
8. Right-click on My Collection*
9. Select Paste
10. Wait for the data to finish transferring
11. Right-click on “All Data” folder
12. Select Eject
All your data will be saved in the My Collection folder.
To perform master reset:
1. Turn off the device
2. Press and hold your finger on the upper left side of the display of your GPS
3. Turn on the device while still maintaining pressure on the display
4. Release the power button once the Oregon powers on
5. Touch ‘Yes’ on the Do you really want to erase all user data?
To acquire satellite data, please leave your GPS outside with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes.
To restore your data:
1. Connect your GPS to the computer using the provided USB cable
2. Power on your device
3. Open up BaseCamp
4. Wait for your device to appear on the left side of the program
5. Right-click on My Collection
6. Select Copy
7. Right-click on All Data folder below the device
8. Select Paste
9. Wait for the data to finish transferring
10. Right-click on “All Data” folder
11. Select Eject
Your data will now be transferred to your device.
If you still encounter the same issue after performing master reset, please let me know.