N/APosted on - 10/19/2014
I have Samsung galaxy s4. It works fine but the problem is that it does not run applications downloaded outside form the app store. I have also marked the "Allow installation of apps from unknown source" in settings but the problem still persists.If anyone knows about this problem please help. Thanks
Galaxy s4 apps installation error for outside the app store
Hi Alex Sandara,
I am sorry to hear that you are having these problems.
To help in resolving the issues, I would suggest doing the following:
Solution: Perform a Hard Reset
Note: This will reset your device to Factory condition. ALL personal data will be erased from the phone. This process CANNOT be reversed once completed.
If you sure that you want to do this, follow these steps:
1. Power off your phone by pressing and holding the 'Power' button until the phone powers off completely.
2. Press and hold BOTH the 'Home' and 'Volume Up' keys at the same time, and then press the 'Power' button.
3. Once the phone screen lights up, release the 'Power' button, but keep pressing the 'Home' and 'Volume Up' keys.
4. The Recovery Menu appears, use the 'Volume Down' key to scroll down to 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset', press the 'Power' button to select this option.
5. Use the 'Volume Down' key to scroll down to 'Yes– delete all user data', press the 'Power' button to start the process.
6. Once the process completes, press the 'Power' button to select 'Reboot system now'
7. Once the phone reboots successfully, go ahead and enable 'Allow installation of Apps from unknown sources'.
You should know these steps as you did it before.
8. Once enabled, go ahead and try installing apps from other sources. The process should complete without problems.