N/APosted on - 11/30/2013
I've bought an Alienware laptop recently and it worked fine. But a few days ago even though I change the colour of the FX lights red is still on. But when I play games and let the game take control over FX lights red light goes off and it doesn't turn on again until I reboot.
FX lights do not work properly in Alienware 14
The error is because the Alien command center is not upgraded in the system.
To resolve this error follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Click 'Start', go to 'Control Panel'
2) Click 'Uninstall a program', click 'command center'
3) Click 'Remove', Click 'Next'
4) Complete the uninstall process following the wizard
5) Restart the system when the process is complete
6) Click 'Windows Explorer' icon, Click 'Organize'
7) Click 'Folder and search options', click 'View' tab
8) Click 'Show hidden files, folders, drives' option
9) Navigate to the path 'C:/Program Data/Alienware/Command/Center/ThermalControls', delete Profile.xml file
10) Navigate to the path 'C:/Users/<account name>/AppData/Local/Alienware/Alienware AlienFX/Themes', delete all .ath files
11) Click 'Start', select run', type 'regedit'
12) In the registry window, open 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE' in the Alienware folder delete COMMANDCENTER and ALIENWARE ALIEN FX folders
13) Restart the system
14) Reinstall the Alienware command center by downloading it from Dell Official website
15) After the installation process is completed, restart the system