N/APosted on - 10/17/2016
When you want to clean your hard disk for a fresh feeling or to install a new one, formatting comes in picture. Formatting is recommended when the drive is not properly formatted or a malware exists in it or to go for a fresh start. how to format hard drive windows 7
Format Hard Drive Windows 7 To Go For A Fresh Start.
TO USE DISK MANAGEMENT FOR PARTITIONING AND FORMATTING THE DISK
Reapportioning and formatting of the hard disk can be done using the Disk management tool.
1) Open start menu.
2) Right-click on my computer and select computer Management.
3) Under storage select disk Management.
4) If the disk is uninitiated you will be prompted to initialize it.
5) In the center of the window, connected disk drives are displayed.
6) Drives which are not portioned will appear with black bars whereas the ones that are partitioned will appear with solid blue bars.
HOW TO PARTITION A DRIVE?
1) Right-click the black bars of unpartitioned drives and select new Simplevolume.
Then click next.
2) Ensure that the Simple volume size in MB is same as that of maximum disk space in MB. Then click next.
3) Assign a drive letter according to your convenience.
4) Click on format this volume.
5) If you are using the drive only for Windows then select NTFS or else select exFAT.
6) Set the allocation unit size as default.
7) Go to volume label and name your partition.
8) Confirm the selections you made and then click finish.
HOW TO FORMAT YOUR PARTITIONS?
1) Right-click on the blue bar.
2) Select format.
3) Choose a name from the volume label.
4) Confirm the choices you have made. .