N/APosted on - 09/15/2016
External hard drives as well as USB flash drives are easy to use. Sometimes, when you connect it to a PC it is not recognized. Problem can be due to the dear USB port or partition issues on the drive, or the driver problems. It may also be a case where the drive is dead. How to fix external hard drive not detected?
Fix External Hard Drive Not Detected To Get Your Hard Disk
1) First thing is to check whether your drive is seen in the disk management. If it does not, then the drive is dead. You can confirm it by plugging in your drive into the machine. Switch on the drive.
2) Open the disk management tool by pressing start key + R. in the rum dialog box, type diskmgmt.msc. drive is dead. You can confirm it by plugging in your drive into the machine. Switch on the drive.
3) See if your drive is present in the list.
4) If your device is not recognized, go to Device manager. Press the start key + R. in the run dialog box type devmgmt.msc.
–>If you see any device with a yellow exclamation mark, driver problem exists.
–>Right-click on the device and select properties.
–>An error message will appear. You can search the internet to find out the solution.
–>You can carry out the system restore also.
• If there exist any partition issues, go to windows disk management.
• Right-click on the unallocated space and select new simple volume.
• Then create a new partition.
• Ensure you have the drive letter.
• Right-click on the partition and select change drive letter and paths.
• Add the drive letter.
• If it is partitioned, format the drive.
• Right-click on the partition and select format.
• Then select the required file system.
This process must solve the problem of non-recognition.