N/APosted on - 09/30/2016
IP address is required to change settings of wireless networks. Now-a-days we need to secure our network with a password so that no one can access it and change the settings. How to find IP address of wireless access point?
Find IP Address Of Wireless Access Point
IF YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE WIFI ROUTER:
1) Open start menu.
2) Search command prompt and enter.
3) Type ‘ipconfig’ and enter.
4) Scroll down till you find Wireless LAN Adapter WIFI.
5) The IP address for wireless access point is that listed in default gateway.
6) Copy this address and paste into the address bar of your web-browser.
7) This will take you to the login page of the router.
IF YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO A ROUTER, THEN THE NETWORK SHOULD HAVE ENCRYPTION.
You can use a Wi-Fi detection tool like Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. It detects the wireless networks.
Download the inspector and run the extension. It will give you a list.