N/APosted on - 02/04/2014
I am encountering an error on my Adobe Media Encoder CS6. The error appears when accessing the Help offline. I'm not sure why I can't open it. For all I know, the Help Manager is installed when a PDF has been downloaded. Yet, it won't open. How can I fix this?
Here is the error message:
Adobe Help Client failed to launch.
Failed to Launch the Adobe Help Client
This error is happening because of a missing file from a certain directory.
1. Download the PDF file according to your product.
2. Copy it into the following directory:
Windows 7: C:UsersPublicDocumentsAdobePDFpdf
Windows XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocumentsAdobePDFpdf
Mac OS: /HD/Users/Shared/Documents/Adobe/PDF/pdf/
Note that if the path is not created, create those all by yourself with the correct name written here.
Also, you can try this technique too.
1. Launch Adobe Help utility from “%APPDATA%Applications”.
2. From the right pane, select “General Settings”.
3. From the downside, look for a button “Download” (as in the image). Click and download the file.
Your problem will surely go now.
You can also have the help of Adobe KB.