N/APosted on - 02/03/2014
I'm using Windows 8.1 and I am trying to connect to the Internet through a USB (Tata Photon+ broadband data card). The error is:
Network Connection Prompt
Failed to create a phone-book entry.
Please note that I never have this issue on my previous OS even in Windows 8. Just here on Windows 8.1 and I was unable to connect to the Internet. Kindly please help me resolve it. Thanks.
Failed to Create Phone Book Entry
This problem is a common issue due to your computer’s configuration. Fix these areas:
1. Go to “C:Users<Your User Name>AppdataRoamingMicrosoftNetworkConnectionsPbk” or “C:ProgramDataMicrosoftNetworkConnectionPbk”.
2. Delete the folder.
Now try again to perform the task.
If not solved,
1. Go to Start menu >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Run.
2. Type and enter “services.msc”.
3. Find out these services:
Remote access connection manager
Remote procedure call (RPC)
Plug and play
4. Double-click to open settings of each services.
5. From the “General” tab, select “Start” from “Service status”.
N.B: Start “Remote access connection manager” at the last.
If the issue still exists,
Open your firewall program and allow your program to be accessed internet.
Now your problem will surely get solved.