N/APosted on - 12/25/2013
I can't launch the VMware workstation whenever I restart SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP 2 host after installation. I'm not sure how I can fix it. The error I am receiving is shown below. Please help me fix it.
The network bridge on device /dev/ vmnet0 is not running.
The virtual machine will not be able to communicate with the host or with other machines on your network.
Failed to connect virtual device Ethernet0.
Failed to connect virtual device Ethernet0 on launching VMware Workstation
The error is because some of the library files are not executed from the root in the system.
To resolve this error follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Open the VM Workstation files installed in the system
2) Navigate for the Bootstrap script in the folder mentioned below
3) The path of the folder is '/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/' in the system
4) Run the following command from the shell and execute it from the root
5) The command is '$ sudo /Library/ApplicationSupport/VMwareFusion/boot.sh –restart'
6) Restart the system after the command is executed