N/APosted on - 05/28/2013
I have a problem about exporting some lists to ms excel.
Do you have any idea on how to export vmware inventory to excel?
I've tried searching for an answer in the internet, but the instructions I get can't solve my problem. Even though I have followed every single step I have read from online articles, I still can't export all of the details to my excel file.
Can you please help me with this?
Export vmware inventory to excel
I have no idea about what you have read from the internet, but I used to export VM inventory using vSphere 4.1 standard with vCenter server and here are the steps :
1. Open the vShpere client and connect to the vCenter.
2. Choose View > Inventory > VMs & Templates, from the top menu.
3. Choose the VMs you want to export from the inventory list on the left, you could choose the top level folder also which include the VMs to export.
4. From the tabs on the top of the right side select Virtual Machine tab, you can modify the filter to include other items.
5. Select Export > Export list from the menu File from top menu and choose the format you want to save the list into (Excel format is available).