N/APosted on - 07/27/2013
The exchange server is having problems and I can’t seem to find what the cause of the problem is.
At the moment internal mail can be received on the domain between users on the exchange server but anything from an external address isn’t able to be received.
Does anyone know what could be wrong? SBS (2003) Service Pack 2
The exchange server is having problems
The error is because the senders authentication is not disabled.
The solution to it is:
1) Log into the Exchange Server as Administrator
2) Click 'Start', 'All Programs' , 'Microsoft Exchange Server 2007'
3) Select 'Exchange Management Console' , Click 'Email Distribution group', select 'Properties'
4) In the 'Properties' window, select 'Mail Flow Settings' tab
5) Select 'Message Delivery Restrictions', Click 'Properties' tab
6) In 'Message Delivery Restrictions' window , uncheck the 'Require that all senders are authenticated' tab
7) Click 'OK'