N/APosted on - 03/06/2013
When I try to upgrade the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, an error occurs. An error message says that some previous setups are failing and the installation cannot be initialled. Please find below the screenshot of the error message for your reference.
Could anyone help me to resolve this error please?
Thanks in advance. Have a nice day.
Exchange server 2010 SP1 Upgrade
Some controls aren’t valid.
Setup previously failed while performing the action “Install”. You can’t resume setup by performing the action ‘BuiltToBuiltUpgrade’.
Error while upgrading Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
This error occurs if you don't follow the correct steps to upgrade Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 in previous installations.
In order to get the upgrade working again you will need to do as follows:
1. Open regedit. (Click start menu -> run -> type regedit -> press enter).
2. Look for these Keys (watermark – action) in the following paths:
3. Make sure to delete All watermark and action Keys in the previous paths.
– Since you are getting this error you should find the sub key called “ClusteredMailboxServer”
– The watermark key is very important because of it the setup notice where it left off, and what still needs to be done. Since your installation has failed, when you try to run the installation again the setup comes back here giving you the error.
– You should make a backup of the registry before you begin.