N/APosted on - 07/17/2013
I am using Mac OS X lion and trying to update Combined but an error message encounters and installation fails. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Can I fix this problem? Provide complete instructions and guidance to install this update properly.
Thanks for help.
The installation failed The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Error when installing Mac OS X lion
The error is caused because of improper Profile settings
There can be different ways to resolve this error:
Solution 1: Try installing in Safe Mode Boot
1) Click 'Apple' icon and Choose 'Shut Down'
2) start your system by pressing the power button
3) As you hear the startup tone, press and hold the SHIFT key
4) Release the SHIFT key when you see a progress indicator on the screen
5) After the system starts, try to start the Office setup and the problem is resolved
Solution 2: Create new user profile
1) Click 'Apple' icon then click 'System'
2) click 'Accounts'
3) Click '+' sign in the lower left corner to open the new account window.Click 'Click the lock to make changes',login using Administrator username and password, then Click 'OK'
4) Enter the user name and leave the password box blank. Click 'Create Account', Click 'OK'
5) Click 'Allow User to Administer this computer' as checked
6) Click 'Apple' icon then Click 'Logout' of your original account
7) Login with your Test account