N/APosted on - 05/06/2012
I am encountering an error with updating my Xbox 360 console. The error messages appear as follows:
Can't download the update. To test your connection, open System Settings and select Network Settings, Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
Can't install the update. The disk is unreadable.
Can't read the update from the disk. Please reinsert the disk to continue the update.
Further, the update process does not end successful and ends up. Can someone help me fix this issue? I would greatly appreciate your help.
Thank you in Advance.
Error with updating my Xbox 360 console
Keeping Xbox 360 updated is vital in order for the gamer to enjoy the new games that they release. But updating it may cause many errors due to many issues that are arising.
You can try to install again the update. You can also check if you have enough storage, clear your system cache, or re-insert your hard drive and try to install it again.
If you not successful with these methods you can download the update using third party media and after you downloaded the update you can transfer it to your Xbox 360 unit. You can use USB flash drive or CD.
Using USB flash drive:
1. Plug your USB flash drive to your computer unit.
2. Download your update file.
3. Save the file to .zip on your computer.
4. Copy the file to your USB flash drive/ CD.
5. Unplug your USB from your computer.
6. Plug the USB flash drive to the Xbox 360 device USB port.
7. Restart the Xbox 360 and it will automatically update your unit.
1. Download the file to your computer and save the file to .zip.
2. Unzip the file.
3. Insert you CD to the hub and copy the contents to the CD (burn).
4. Remove the CD from the computer and insert it to the CD drive of the Xbox 360.
5. Restart the Xbox unit the update will automatically start and select YES to start the process.