N/APosted on - 05/10/2012
I need a favor from you guys. I was installing UBUNTU from a USB flash drive on my DELL inspiron 1721 pc for the first time. Initially nothing was going wrong and I was almost on the edge of a successful installation when the UBUNTU platform was launched.
Then strange things happened and I can’t work at all, in fact not even the mouse and keyboard. I am seriously confused what is going on and want a healthy solution for that. Please help me out, I don’ want to go back to Windows.
Error in Ubuntu installation, computer freezes
How long did you install for that? Is the temperature of your laptop Ok, because heat/overheat can cause hangs and freezing. So what you can do is to shut down your computer and let it cool.
Does your computer have compatible combination of Ram?May be you need to remove some or add some to make it stable. Ubuntu needs 4.5 GB so add extra for your files.
It is recommended also to buy text based installer if you got problems on configurations and graphics. I will recommend you some site that will help your installation easy:
By the way, what version is the Ubuntu that you want to install? I will give you the links on how to install Ubuntu properly:
Or we will do some step by step process:
1. Set up internet because it's needed for the update while installing.
2. Allocate drive space if you want to install Ubuntu with another OS.
3. Begin the installation.
4. Select your location (if you have connection, it will be automatic).
5. Select your preferred keyboard layout.
6. Enter your log in and password details.
7. Learn Ubuntu while it's downloading.