N/APosted on - 11/04/2012
Error 3417 while starting Microsoft SQL Server. Windows could not start the SQL server(SQLEXPRESS) on Local Computer . For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and rear to server-specific code 3417
Error in starting Microsoft SQL server
Thanks for posting your question.
The root cause of this error could be any of the following reasons:
– Windows repair installation
– File damage
In order to resolve the issue, I would want you to do the following:
1) Stop the SQL service from msc.services.
2) Compress the folder and start the service again.
1) Stop the service.
2) Go to Program files – Microsoft SQL server – mssql.1 – mssql – data ( in short go to the data folder)
3) Select all then right click and go to properties.
4) Go to advanced tab and uncheck which says “Compress contents to save disk space”.
Once these steps are done then start the service and see if the issue has been resolved.