N/APosted on - 11/01/2012
I’m in need of someone to help me in this matter.
I’m getting this Error Message (below), whenever I receive an Email in Outlook for MAC 2011.
Mail could not be received at this time.
The server for account — • returned the error "authentication failed". Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like to try re-entering your password?
May be I didn’t enter a correct setting. Please help me to resolve this issue.
Thanks. Have a nice day.
Error showing whenever I receive an Email in Outlook for MAC 2011
To help eliminate this error message we need to change your account settings in your mail account. To do this follow these steps:
1. Go to the "Tools" menu in Outlook.
2. Click on "Accounts" and choose your email account.
3. In the "Outgoing server" box we enter 587 (this will override the SMTP port).
4. Close the Window.
One other way to eliminate the error is to delete the information that is saved in the "Keychain" location, this location is where your passwords are stored. To delete this information follow these steps:
1. Enter the following location: "Open>Applications>Utilities>Keychain Access.
2. Find the password and delete it.
3. Now enter Outlook and it will create a fresh new password to replace the one you deleted.