N/APosted on - 07/11/2012
This totally gave me a headache. Can you help me sort this out?
I badly need this to be fixed, but I just don’t got any idea.
How come the error below showed up when I posted an autohotKey script that kills visual C++ Runtime?
This was actually on the XSI mail list a year ago.
What am I supposed to do to eliminate this error and just continue what I have to do?
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program: C:Program FilesAutodeskSoftimage
Error showed up upon posting autohotKey script
Hello for this kind of error, there are two possible cause of the problem.
1. Components of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries are missing
2. Software problem /Software Conflict.
If the error is caused by number 1, you need to re-install the Components of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries. If the error still showing after you install the component, then the number 2 might be the cause of the problem. You need to check what if some software is the cause of the problem. To do that, follow the instruction.
1. Click Start, type to search box "msconfig" (of course without the quotations) then press enter.
2. Click the "Services" tab; check the checkbox "Hide All Microsoft Services" then click "Disable All".
3. Click "Startup" tab, then click "Disable All" then click "OK".
4. Restart your computer.
If the error solved by this, that means that there is a program that we disabled causes the error. To enable again, use the msconfig again.