N/APosted on - 12/19/2011
Hello, I have just successfully installed Windows 8 in my VirtualBox. The installation process was smooth and quick. I was so eager to use it but when I get into it there were no available feature except the control panel and the desktop. And it moves me to the old or the original host system. So I just tried clicking on whatever I have seen on the desktop but none of the applications load. Please help me with this. Do I need to reinstall the software?
Error running Windows 8 on VirtualBox
This is a known issue between Virtualbox and Windows 8. A complete system install will do. Also, try the following resolution below:
1. Toggle virtualization to on or off and ensure that BIOS is updated.
2. Toggle USB 3.0 to on or off.
3. Boot from your Windows 8 cd-repair.
4. Boot from your Windows 8 cd-refresh.
5. Boot Windows 8 to Safe Mode and then disable all Hyper-V devices on the Task Manager. Then boot Windows 8 in normal mode.
I hope it works!