N/APosted on - 07/27/2013
The Photo Gallery in Windows Live displayed the error “ An error is preventing the photo or video from being displayed” followed by the code error ”0×80010108” When I tried to view an image file via the link in Start > Recent Items or from Jump List.
But the exact same image opens just fine when I double click it.
What should I do to rectify this?
An error is preventing the photo or video from being displayed
Please follow the below mentioned procedure to get rid of this error:
1. Go to Start and click on Run option.
2. Go to the registry settings by typing Regedit.exe and ok. Registry Editor will open.
Note: The registry consists of important settings that make your system to function normally. Wrong changes can cause harm to your system.
3. Go to the below mentioned key:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.bmp.15.4 shell open DropTarget
4. Right-click on DropTarget, and click Rename and prefix a hyphen so that it becomes "-DropTarget"
5. Repeat the steps for the following keys
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.gif.15.4 shell open DropTarget
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.ico.15.4 shell open DropTarget
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.jpg.15.4 shell open DropTarget
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.png.15.4 shell open DropTarget
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.tif.15.4 shell open DropTarget
6. Close the registry and restart your system. Try again and check if your are still facing this error.