N/APosted on - 06/16/2011
My post is about my problem with browsing the internet by using internet explorer. No matter what sites I will load it will not load because of the error that will pop up. The error says it cannot download a certain file.
I am posting the exact screen below.
Internet Explorer cannot download dnserror.html from shdoclc.dll.
Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot not be found.
Please try again later.
This problem started when I borrowed a flash drive from a friend to load some data to my computer.
After which I rebooted my computer, the time comes I will check some email. My browser now fails to load the email site so as other sites. I tried to scan my computer for virus, none was found. Please refer to the error screen shot.
I include in my post in helping me solve my issue.
Error loading page issue help
You may want to try this method:
Locate Tools, then Internet Options, next is Advanced Tab, and then Security heading, then select
Do not save encrypted pages to disk.
This happens because the setting has been changed for some reason.
Another solution is edit some code, look for the Cache control header and add no-cache. It should be similar to this one:
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
It could also be due to your firewall, so try turning it off when you access a site.
Or try this one:
1. Create 2 user account.
2. Go to Internet Explorer, Tools and then Internet Options.
3. Find General tab, next is Temporary Internet Files and click on Delete Files.
4. Click OK on the Delete Files dialog box that will be shown.
5. Close Internet Explorer.
6. Log on to your computer using the user's account who haven't encountered the problem, and then open the command prompt.
7. Modify directory to: drive:Documents and SettingsusernameLocal SettingsTemporary Internet FilesContent.IE6 in which the account username is the one that experienced the problem.
8. Enter Del index.dat.
9. Exit command prompt and restart your PC.