N/APosted on - 08/29/2011
I have encountered this error for many days. I have the newest Windows Live Messenger but always failed to sign in.
Every time I try to sign in, I got the following error message
Error Code: 80072ee7
I have searched a lot in Google but failed to get any solution. So, can anyone here help me out with this problem?
Error Code in MSN messenger, 80072ee7
While trying to log-in to MSN, you may face the following error message as you mentioned. There can be number of reasons like proxy settings, date settings, poor installation, which might be causing this error but all those can be easily handled.
1. First of all, see whether your internet connection is working properly. If not then try to resolve this.
2. Also, may be your current version did not install correctly. So uninstall it completely and try an older version and see if the problem persists.
3. There are chances that your firewall might not be allowing messenger to access internet. So try connecting your messenger after quitting your firewall or by allowing your messenger to access internet from firewall options.
4. Check out that your date and time settings are correct. If not, then make some corrections. This can be done by clicking on clock in the bottom right corner.
5. Next option for proxy settings. Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Open connections > Select LAN settings > Use a proxy server > automatically detect settings.
6. If you have not saved your password information, then make sure that you are typing it correctly with all upper and lower cases.
7. Clear your IE cookies and cache. Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Delete files button and when it is complete, delete cookies.
8. Click start > run and type following in run tab. regsvr32 softpub.dll
Then click okay and do the same for following: