N/APosted on - 02/25/2012
This is the error message that I received when scanning an IP range:
"An unexpected error has occurred. The operating system returned error message 67 the network name cannot be found."
I have tested all the useful settings needed to solve it but nothing’s changed. What are the required steps?
Thanks in advance.
Error 67 when scanning an IP range
The occurrence of the issue can be traced to one of the following two reasons:
1. Configuration issues with the network card on domain controller.
2. Issues updating the network drivers on a domain controller.
The network adapter driver should be updated on the domain controller. The driver used should be in accordance with the operating system.
Proceed with Step 2 if the issue is not resolved by this step.
The issue can be rectified by disabling the Internet Protocol Network Address Translator driver.
1. Click on Start > Run and type devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager.
2. Click on Show hidden devices after clicking on the View Menu.
3. After clicking on Show hidden device, the Non-Plug and Play Drivers appears. Right-click on IP Network Address Translator, under Non Plug and Play Drivers to disable the same.
4. Restart the computer when prompted to do so.