N/APosted on - 12/31/2013
I don’t know why I am getting this kind of installation problem. Original version of Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 with a license bought from store. While Installation I got this error message ‘could not access network location’ system is not in network, I am administrator and user. Why I am getting this error, please explain. Your help is appreciated.
Image of the Error
Error Message in the Image
Autodesk AutoCAD 2014
Error 1606.Could not access network location AutodeskAutoCAD2014R19.1.
Error 1606 with Autodesk AutoCAD 2014
This problem indicates to a bad registry that has become misconfigured. So this error is appearing.
1. Go to Start menu >> type “regedit” >> hit enter to open “Registry Editor”.
2. Navigate to the following section: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerShell Folders
3. Check the path indicated by “Common Documents”. It will be pointing to a non-existing location. For example, “Common Documents"="C:UsersPublicDocuments”
4. Change the value data of the registry. For example, "Common Documents"="d:UsersPublicDocuments".
5. Instead, you can create the non-existing path instead of changing the value of the registry.
Now your AutoCAD 2014 setup will run seamlessly.