N/APosted on - 07/17/2013
I can’t use Socket address using Serva32 and it gives me the following annoying message “Error 10048 Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted”. Why can’t Serva32 bind the SNTP port? What could be the main cause? I need your assistance. Help me immediately with best solution.
Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.
Serva32 cannot bind the SNTP port
An application is already listening on this port
Error 10048, can not use Socket address using Serva32
The error is because other service is running on the specific socket address.
There are multiple solutions to resolve the error.
Solution 1: Set the value to delayedAutoStart property
1) Go to 'Properties', Select 'Automatic'
2) In the registry, 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServices' add a DWORD value 'DelayedAutoStart'
3) Assign value '1' to 'DelayedAutoStart'
4) Restart the system
Solution 2:Increase Dynamic Port Range
1) Go to 'HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetServicesTcpipParametersMaxUserPort'
2) Default value is 5000. Increase this value to 65534
3) Restart the system