N/APosted on - 01/12/2014
I am new to Windows 8. Yesterday, I downloaded an app and it works just fine. However, when I tried to download some apps again today, an error occurred that says, "Something happened and this app couldn't be installed. Please try again. Error code: 0x8024001e". When I hit the Try again button, it will just show the same error message. And clicking on the Cancel install will close the error. How can I fix this?
Error 0x8024001e on installing apps with Windows 8
Are you trying to download apps from the Windows Store when you encountered this error? Try the following solutions below:
1. Go to Windows App Troubleshooter page and run it to help you fix the issue.
2. Switch between your local account to Microsoft Account.
3. Install all the latest drivers for Windows 8.
4. Ensure that the date, time and region settings are correct.
5. Restart the Windows Update service.
6. Run SFC /SCANNOW in the Command Prompt.
7. Try to restart the App Cache by going to the Start Screen and type WSReset.exe and press Enter.
8. Try downloading app again.