N/APosted on - 10/31/2012
My Outlook Express has encountered a problem. I have failed to check my email there. I have received an error message in this regard. It says, "Error: 0x800ccc0d". I found several sites to get a remedy of this issue, but failed. If you have any idea to solve the problem, please help.
Thanks in advance.
Error 0x800ccc0d when sending and receiving mails in Outlook Express
I did some research on the error that you are experiencing. This error code 0x800ccc0d pertains to Internet Connectivity or an incorrect configuration of the email account.
There are several troubleshooting that you may do. The very basic is to make sure that an internet connection is established when you launch or refresh your email account. Are you using the same machine in posting to this thread as with the one where your email is setup? If yes, then your internet connection is working just fine.
Another method is to ensure that your email account is properly setup on the computer. You may follow these steps to verify:
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Mail > Mail Setup > Show Profiles
2. On the General tab, click Prompt for a profile to be used.
3. In the Profile Name, type the name of the new profile that you want to use and click Ok.
4. In the Email accounts, click Add a new email account.
5. Click on Next.
6. Select the appropriate server that you want to use for your email account and click on Next.
7. Enter all appropriate information and click on Next. Click Finish.
Try to launch again your outlook email and try to do a test mail.
Hope this helps!