N/APosted on - 12/19/2011
How do I play Blu-Ray disk with Power DVD 9 Ultra? I have just bought my Power DVD 9 Ultra but I was so disappointed because I could not play any Blu-Ray music with it and I am getting an error message with code 0024. The online help is not very useful.
I am just redirected to some forums which I don’t see any help at all. I need somebody to respond to me immediately. I have tried re-installing the application set up but still, it did not work. Do I need to discard this and buy a new one?
Help me please.
The main reasons for Cyber link Power DVD 9 & code 0024 are:
1) Newer operating system and old version of Blue ray drive, which sometimes conflict playing the blue ray song or movie in Cyber link Power DVD 9.
2) Update firmware is needed to match the Cyber link Power DVD 9 and blue ray device.
3) Blue ray device has an internal problem, and the problem is visible up when Cyber link Power DVD 9 is installed.
My recommendations are :
a) Uninstall the Cyber link Power DVD 9 and update firmware. Then reinstall the Cyber link Power DVD 9 with proper ID and Password.
b) Change/replace your Blue ray Device according to your latest Operating system’s compatibility.
That error is really one big headache because a lot of users have been affected by it and there seems to be no solution but to install the latest firmware for your Blu-ray drive which sometimes still doesn’t work because of the age of the Blu-ray drive itself.
Since you want to play a Blu-ray disc, make sure you are using a Blu-ray drive either a Blu-ray ROM or a Blu-ray writer so the disc will be compatible. DVD drives like DVD ROM and DVD writer are not compatible with Blu-ray discs and will not be able to read this kind of disc.
According to CyberLink support, the problem is mostly coming from old Blu-ray drives with older firmware. They recommend users who are experiencing the problem to update the firmware of their Blu-ray drive. Some of the users who got affected even purchased a new Blu-ray drive to support playback of Blu-ray discs with CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra.
This actually solved the problem but surely is will cost you money. CyberLink PowerDVD 9 has different hardware requirements for DVD and Blu-ray playback especially for the graphics adapter. For DVD playback, a simple AGP or PCI express graphics adapter will do. But for Blu-ray playback, the following are the minimum requirement for the graphics adapter with at least 256 MB video RAM:
* NVIDIA – GeForce 7600 GT series, GeForce 7800 GTX 512 series, GeForce 7900 GX2 series, GeForce 7900 GTX series, or GeForce 7950 GX2 series.
* ATI – ATI Radeon X1600 series, X1800 series, or X1900 series.