N/APosted on - 07/18/2013
I am getting the authentication error and can’t log on to Windows. When I log on manually the fingerprint works once only than I get the following error message during fingerprint enrollment. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
An error occurred during fingerprint enrollment. Please try to re-roll this fingerprint.
If you continue to receive this error, please contact technical support.
Enrollment fingerprint faces authentication error
The error occurs because some of the executable file and drivers are missing.
To resolve this issue, follow the below steps:
1) Navigate to the ‘Platform Security’ tab within the Embassy Security Center
2) Download the ‘Firmware’ update from www.support.dell.com
3) After downloading, run the executable file. The contents will be unzipped to the local folder
4) Navigate the ‘Firmware’ folder, run the ‘ushupgrade’ executable file
5) As the wizard opens, click the ‘Start’ button to install. Follow the instructions and complete the installation
6) Create a ControlVault Admin password
7) Use the ‘ClearALL’ function to remove all previously created enrolments
8) Reboot and attempt enrolments