N/APosted on - 11/28/2013
I am trying to install Desktop Central Agent and every time I get this error message when I attempt to start the program. I have spent so much time resolving this matter. I need your help. Thanks for any assistance.
Engine.exe – Unable to locate component
This application has failed to start because d3dx9_43.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Engine exe Unable to locate component
The error is because the latest version of Microsoft DirectX is not installed in the system.
To solve this error there are multiple solutions as mentioned below.
Solution 1: Install the latest version of DirectX software
1) Restart the system and download the latest version of Microsoft DirectX from the Microsoft Official website
2) Install the software by following the directions from the website
3) Restart the system after the installation process is complete
4) Run the program and the error will be resolved
Solution 2: Update the system with latest drivers
1) Download the latest drivers from the respective website
2) After the drivers are installed, Locate the hardware device that needs to be updated
3) Click 'Browse my computer for driver software' button
4) In the window, click 'Let me pick from the list of device drivers on my computer'
5) Click 'Browse' button on the Install from disk dialog box
6) Click the INF file that is displayed in the list, Click 'Open' button
7) Select the new added hardware in the box, Click 'Next' button
8) The Windows Update driver software will provide the instructions to the user
9) Follow the installation instructions to complete the driver update
10) When prompted to restart the system, restart the system