N/APosted on - 02/22/2015
I am using outlook and it gives me an error and then closes outlook. I believe there might be a problem with the files but I do not know how to go about it. If my files are infected by a virus or are corrupted, is there a friendly OST recovery solution that will scan these files and repair them? I need them to open in any form and if they will occur as PST on the downtime/offline exchange server, it will be okay.
Disabled OST file error in outlook
Your files of the “Outlook” have been corrupted and to solve this issue you have to repair a “.pst” of your “Outlook”. For this you have to follow these following steps:
· Firstly, exit from your “Outlook” and then click “Start” option from your computer, after that go to “My Computer”.
· After going to the “My Computer” browse for the “<drive>:Program Files”.
· Go to the “Search” box of your computer and type “Scanpst.exe” into the box.
· Then, double-click on the “Scanpst.exe” file.
· After double-click, a box will come enter the name of the file you want to scan in that box i.e. enter the name of the “.pst” file.
· By doing this, a new log file is being created during the scan.
· Then click “Start” to scan it and if the scan finds errors, you have to repair it by starting the repairing process to fix them.
· For repairing, click to the “Repair” option.
· After repairing is done, start your “Outlook” profile in which the repaired file is present.
· Switch to the “Folder List View” in the “Folder Pane” where the “Recovered Personal Folders” is present with the lost and found folder.
· After that, you create an “Outlook Data File” and drag all the items in the “Lost and Found folder” into the new data file.
· After that, you can remove the “Recovered Personal Folders” files from it.
Hope this answer will help you a lot.