N/APosted on - 12/17/2013
A few of my graphic card drivers are not functioning properly. I have heard that disabling hardware accelaration feature of Mozilla Firefox helps in this regard. Can an expert pls guide me how to disable this particular feature and tell me if it will really have an effect on the performance of the drivers? Thank you
Disable hardware accelaration feature of FireFox
The steps to disable the hardware acceleration feature of Firefox are as follows:
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox window in the system
2) Click the Firefox button and select 'Options'
3) Click 'Advanced' tab, disable the 'Use hardware acceleration when available' option
4) Click 'OK' and restart the browser
The user needs to update the graphcics card driver after disabling the harware acceleration. The steps to perform the update are as
1) Click 'Start', Select 'All Programs', Click 'Windows Update'
2) Click 'Check for updates' option
3) Click 'Optional updates are available' and view the updates
4) Select the latest from the list and click 'OK'
5) Click 'Install Updates' option to perform the installation process
6) Restart the system and Start the Firefox