Test your skills
What are computer buses and what are the functions of computer buses and its types?
Good Day Madoona,
Computer buses is very essential because it connects internal components of computer to the motherboard and it acts as expansion slot.
Types of Computer Buses;
1. Processor Bus - used to connect CPU or it is the location where CPU seated.
2. Memory Bus - also known as memory slots and it is the location where you connect the memory.
3. PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect) - used as expansion slot for USB card, LAN card, RAID controller, and VGA card.
4. AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) - used for VGA card
5. PCI-E (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express) - used for VGA card.
A computer bus that carries different types of data from one to the other and also controls the signals from one unit to the other .
Types of buses :