N/APosted on - 07/30/2012
I am using Mac OS and some days ago I found that the installation CD is not well-matched with that Mac OS; then I was trying to use the web installer.
Though, the web installer also does not contain ABBYY Fine Reader. When I want to use OCR on a file, I saw this error: “Could not find OCR software”. I need to solve this error.
Could not find OCR software.
This function is only available when the Optical
Character Recognition (OCR) software is installed
from the Software CD-ROM.
Please help me.
Could not find OCR software
Since the web installer doesn’t contain ABBYY fine reader,
Try manually installing the ABBYY fine reader from your CD.
The steps are as follows,
1. Insert your CD, Then right click on the installer package and select show package contents
2. There you can navigate through the contents , then select Packages
3. Open “ABBYY fine reader.pkg” and then have it installed.
4. After the completion of the installation make sure that the installed application works and shows under application
5. And you can install Rosetta by opening the ABBYY fine reader.
6. And customize your scanner settings to use the ABBYY fine reader