N/APosted on - 11/18/2013
I have a new laptop and I want to install Ms Office 2007. Problem is that I have Office software on a DVD and my laptop has no optical drive. Can I copy the set up on a USB drive then install it on my laptop. What do you think I should do?
Copying Microsoft Office DVD onto USB
(1) Run window upgrade advisor to see if there are any know issues that might affect the installation and weather you should the 32 or 64 version of windows.
(2) Save your files and setting on an external hard drive using windows easy transfer. If don't 't have an external hard drive you won't be able to use windows easy transfer. Alternatively, you can copy files you want to keep on a USB flash drive,CDs,or,DVDs.
(3) You will need to manually reinstall your programs, such as microsoft office, after you install windows, gather the installation discs for your programs and any associated product/license keys, you might be installed from download.live.com.messenger.
(4) Insert the windows DVD into your pc. When asked "which type of installation do you want? then click custom advanced".
(5) After windows is installed, use window easy transfer to restore your files and setting.