N/APosted on - 04/05/2015
I have a super slim PS3 model in my home and I am willing to buy a External Hard disk to link the External Hard disk with my PS3. But I have heard from my friends that they were not able to link the Hard disk with Play Station.Therefore, Is there any way to link the Hard disk with PS3?
Connecting Hard disk with PS3.
1. First step, plug in your external hard drive to your computer first.
2. If this is a new hard drive then no need to back up files.
3. Format your hard drive to “FAT32”. Right click on the hard drive while connected to your computer. A new window will appear where you can select the formatting preferences (FAT32, NTFS, etc.). Select “FAT32”. Don’t select “quick format.” We need to convert your hard drive to this format to let PS3 access the device.
4. Once your hard drive is completed and formatted, remove the hard disk from computer properly. Dismount it from the connection.
5. Plug in to your PS3 and you should be able to access it. You can transfer first your pictures, movies, and songs to your hard drive and access it thru PS3.