N/APosted on - 12/02/2013
I bought a new internal hard disk and installed it but my Windows XP professional stopped working after that. The computer gets the power and gets switched on but is not recognizing the OS. Why is this so? What can be done?
Computer not recognizing Windows OS
The error is because the BIOS cannot detect the hard disk.
To resolve this error follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Install the recovery console in the system by following the steps mentioned below
2) Click 'Start', Click 'Run'
3) Type 'd:i386winnt32.exe/cmdcons', a dialog box will open
4) Click 'Yes' in the Windows recovery dialog box
5) Restart the system, the 'Microsoft Windows Recovery Console' appears on the start menu
6) After the installation is complete, insert the Windows XP startup disc from the CD drive
7) The welcome screen appears, press R to start console recovery
8) When prompted type the Admin password in the system
9) The recovery software will detect the error and fix them
10) To stop the execution of recovery software, restart the system and type 'exit' in the command prompt
11) The system will detect the new hard disk installed in the system