N/APosted on - 09/25/2011
I have a micro SD inside an SD adapter. I stick it in my dell dimension 9150 computer and nothing happens I checked 'my computer' and its not there. I tried downloading drivers, but it's no use. I setup windows 7 on my PC.
What I need to do now?
Computer can’t detect micro sd?
You can try this method to troubleshoot your device:
– Check if the micro SD card is inserted correctly in your SD adapter.
– Try plugging it to another laptop or desktop PC. In case you test it on a desktop, plug it in the back panel USB slot, because sometimes the front panel doesn't read the USB correctly.
– Check if your adapter has a light on, if not try another micro SD card to check whether you micro SD card or adapter is broken.
– You can also try going to the device manager when you think that the system detects it but does not connect you through it properly.
You can view this by:
– Right click "My Computer"->Properties->Hardware Tab->Device Manager
– Click Start Button then type Device Manager
– You will see a warning sign on the USB device there is an unknown USB detected.
Hope this helps you.