N/APosted on - 04/25/2015
I bout this new CCD Barcode Scanner. I am using it to develop a sales system. I’ve been having difficulties using it with my sample products. Sometimes it cannot recognize right away the barcodes for the items. Especially if the product is kind a wet. I tried to unplug and re-plug it from my desktop computer, still it takes time for it to recognize a barcode. What could be the cause of this issue? Has it something to do with my program codes or is it in the device itself? Can you provide me instructions on how to resolve this problem?
Common problem with my tag scanner in my desktop computer
There are several factors that affects the reading of barcodes using a scanner. You can just simply wipe off the moisture from the item that you are scanning to get a clear sight from the scanner device. The reason why this happen is that water tends to bend the barcodes and the scanner cannot distinguish if there’s a line in its sight. Also, unplugging and re-plugging the connection of the device will replenish the connection. Updating the driver will give you a quick fix also. You can also try the following instructions below to properly setup the barcode reader.
1. Disconnect the USB connector of the barcode reader. Restart your computer.
2. Reconnect the reader with its USB cord. Scan the appropriate barcode included with its manual.
3. Try to reconnect the reader to a different port if doesn’t respond properly.
4. Scan the program barcodes.
5. Set the option mode by scanning option barcodes.
6. Scan the alphanumeric samples from the program chart. Select the barcode interface by scanning the proper barcode for it. In our case we need to scan USB HID (PC). You can also adjust the Aimer delay of the reader to make it scan the picture faster.