N/APosted on - 04/25/2015
I just recently bought a new printer. For the past few days it is working properly. Just recently, I noticed that it always keeps on asking me to place paper even the tray is full. I checked the paper tray if it is inserted completely. I tried to restart my computer and the printer itself but still the same thing happens. Can you give me ways on how to resolve this problem? Can you give me alternative ways on how to eliminate this? Can show it to me? Please help me. Thank you!
Common paper tray issues with HP LaserJet Pro 400 M410dn
There are several reasons why your printer will not print or accept the papers from your tray. Here are the steps that you can follow to resolve your ongoing issue. Before going in to this process make sure that your printer is completely of and unplugged from the power source.
1. Check the paper and tray guides. If the papers are not properly fit into the guides, it will not be feed through the system tray and the printer will give you error that there’s no paper in the tray. This might cause you misalignment of paper and disorientation.
2. Check also the hopping roller. Dirt and jammed objects might be causing your problem. You can use a cotton with a stick but please be gentle in removing the dirt and cleaning the roller.
3. Clean the pick-up pad also. Use the LED lens cleaning pad included with your device.
You can also minimize this problem by resetting the device.
1. Press the Power button to turn off the device.
2. After a few seconds turn it back on using the same button.
3. While the printer is on, disconnect the power cord from the back of the device.
4. Wait for few seconds and plug it back in again.
5. Removing and or re-seating the paper tray will give you quick fix also for this problem.