N/APosted on - 12/07/2012
What procedural commands do I require for recovering linux lost permissions windows through the terminal in order to return my capability to give users different privileges on the PC?
Commands for recovering Linux lost permissions Windows through terminal
1. Reading your question , it appears to me that you have lost sudo access . It means that you are not in the sudoers list
2. For this you need to boot a ubuntu live cd and run some commands in order to get back your permissions.
3. Login as ubuntu and the password is blank.
4. It is already in sudoers list so you can run the sudo command .
5. You are now logged on as root . Now type the following commands
root~$cd /media/(some long name of you actual installation folder)/etc/
root-…….etc/~$chmod 777 group
6. Now put your original username which has lost its permissions in front of sudo
Save this file.
7. Now your username is capable to run sudo commands. Restart the PC.
8. Hope this helps you .